Well, here we are, 2013. I was kinda sad to say goodbye to 2012. It was a really really good year for me, for lots of reasons I'm not going to innumerate here. Also I just like the number 12 better than 13, but it's okay, worse things have happened than odd-numbered years. Actually, I'm pretty excited about 2013. I think it's going to be another good one.
Since 2013 is here, let the New Year's Resolution's begin. I, like every other human being on the planet, suck at New Years Resolutions. But every year I make them anyway, usually making them up around 10:30 on December 31 (yeah, I take them super seriously). But here they are anyway:
1. Get my braided essay published or get 10 rejection letters, whichever comes first.
2. Run 1,000 miles.
3. Read some classics that I've avoided: Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Lolita, Catch-22, and The Moviegoer. Plus whatever else catches my fancy.
4. Go somewhere I've never been and/or get a stamp in my passport.
5. Get involved with a long-term meaningful service project.
6. Recycle, for heaven's sake.
7. Get a 4.0 this upcoming semester (since 2 of my 5 classes are pass/fail and therefore don't go into my GPA, I think this is plausible.)
8. Keep off the caffeine.