“What would you do if you weren’t afraid? Don’t let your fears overwhelm your desire. Let the barriers you face—and there will be barriers—be external, not internal. Fortune does favor the bold, and I promise that you will never know what you’re capable of unless you try."
If I weren't afraid, I would:
- Submit writing more often.
- Admit that I am afraid and that sometimes fear is crippling.
- Vocalize my opinions when I don't have evidence or intellect to back them up. Or when I know I'll be shut down.
- Have stayed in calculus.
- Run for some office or something. Risk losing.
- Sign up to run a half-marathon this summer with Alex.
- Call my grandmother that I've never talked for more than six minutes and have a real conversation.
- Go skydiving.
- Stop wearing makeup, but wear heels all the time.
- Take up yoga and not worry that that taking that time out of my day would mean my homework doesn't always get done.
- Write poems.
- Take a gap year.