You know how every once in a while your entire universe comes crashing down upon your head? It's been one of those weekends for me. So rather than whining about the deep shit I've gotten myself into (that I will eventually get myself out of), I'm going to make a list of 15 things I was grateful for today:
1. Best friends who I can talk to about anything and who are willing to have the same conversation with me 17 times in one day.
2. A school that knows I'm (usually) a very well-behaved person.
3. A peace offering of Starbucks waiting for me this morning.
4. In-uniform pants
5. My green warm senior sweater.
6. XM channel 36
7. The assurance that I can screw up royally and then clean up the mess with maturity and responsibility.
8. Reading "The Wasteland"; "I will show you fear in a hand full of dust."
9. My college application is not due tomorrow.
10. Being short, because when other people hug me I feel protected.
11. Deep conditioning my hair
12. Milo Xyloto
13. Cetaphil tubs of lotion
14. "Miss Representation"
15. The warm Patagonia jacket that once belonged to my father